Public Assembly

A Temporary Change of Use to Public Assembly Permit is required for any event that will have more than 49 people occupying a building, if that building does not hold a legal Certificate of Occupancy for a Public Assembly Use that is regulated and regularly inspected, by the City of Austin and the Austin Fire Department (Restaurants, bars, etc.)

If alcohol and/or live music are part of an event, whether it is indoors or outdoors, additional Inspections and/or Permits, stating additional requirements and conditions, may be needed. For instance, the TABC requires Entry and Exit control, for an outdoor event that includes alcohol … creating an enclosed area to control entry and egress, to meet the TABC requirement, brings additional Fire Code inspections and requirements into play.

Permit requirements vary for each location, venue and event set up.

Email or call 512-850-5446